Xi'an, Shaanxi (China), Toshima, Tokyo (Japan), and Incheon(Korea) conducted a wide variety of exchange programs in 2019 asthe CCEA.
In November 2019, the three cities jointly signed the Culture City of East Asia 2019 Joint Declaration so as to maintain continued cooperation based on the successful results of past exchanges. Moreover, Incheon-Xi’an-Toshima (InXiTo) Culture and Tourism Connection Business Cooperation Agreement was also signed in December the same year.
Meanwhile, Incheon has been hosting museum director meetings and preliminary working-level meetings along with Dalian of China and Kitakyushu of Japan since 2010, the year the East Asia Friendly Museum Exchange Program began. Dalian, Kitakyushu, and Incheon have also been operating biennial traveling exhibitions and joint exhibitions since 2012.
- November 2019: Culture City of East Asia 2019 Joint Declaration Signed, Agreed to Continue Exchanges
Xi’an, Toshima, and Incheon carried out various exchange programs including cultural exchange programs, performances, festivals, establishment of experience centers, and exhibitions. At the CCEA 2019 Toshima Closing Ceremony held on the 24th of November, the three cities also signed the Culture City of East Asia 2019 Joint Declaration in order to promote continued mutual cooperation based on the positive results achieved throughout 2019. Important points of the Declaration include:
1. The three cities strengthen mutual relations to pursue active and continuous cultural and people-to-people exchanges.
2. The three cities promote various active people-to-people exchanges such as culture and arts, industry, and tourism.
3. The representatives and related departments of the three cities evaluate the results from mutual exchange every year.
- December 2019: Incheon-Xi’an-Toshima (InXiTo) Culture and Tourism Connection Business Cooperation Agreement Signed, Enlarging Cooperation in Areas of Culture and Tourism
- The three cities signed the Incheon-Xi’an-Toshima (InXiTo) Culture and Tourism Connection Business Cooperation Agreement at the CCEA 2019 Xi’an Closing Ceremony in December 2019, where they also agreed to continuously further strengthen cooperation in the areas of culture and tourism.
Follow-up Projects in 2020
|• A Chinese medical practitioner created the song One Family, One Love under the theme of three cities helping each other to respond to COVID-19. A coproduced video with three CJK vocalists singing the song was uploaded on social media
• Held East Asia Choir Festival with a choir consisted of East and Southeast Asians residing in Korea
• Introductory remarks by leaders of Xi’an and Toshima along with online participation of the choir
• Held the Culture City of East Asia New Year Concert with performances by CJK symphony orchestras, along with culture and tourism instructions event day before the concert
• Participation by 10 countries from past Chinese CCEA and ASEAN
- 2020 CJK Choir Jointly Designed Video Promotion Poster
(Source: Xi’an City)
Follow-up Projects in 2021
• Online Cultural Performance: Display of Full Spring Culture City Greets New Year
• Exchange of videos between Incheon and Toshima which were uploaded on each city’s social media such as Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, etc.
• Held East Asia Festival 2021 to promote mutual enhancement through music exchanges between China, Japan, and Korea
• Xi’an and Toshima’s participation through video performance of classic music and traditional music
• Exhibition of experiencing CJK’s musical instruments
- Fujimoto-bayashi Renchu of Toshima in East Asia Festival Incheon 2021 hosted by Incheon
(Source: Incheon Metropolitan City)
- Xi’an Symphony Orchestra in East Asia Festival Incheon 2021 hosted by Incheon
(Source: Incheon Metropolitan City)
Follow-up Projects in 2022
|• Incheon and Toshima to submit performance videos of classical music and calligraphy works in East Asian Culture City New Year Concert
|• Online student exchange events