Others TCS Secretary-General OU Boqian Visited the Presidential Committee on Ageing Society and Population Policy 2022.02.03
On February 3, 2022, TCS Secretary-General OU Boqian met with Mr. SEO Hyung-Soo, Vice Chairman of the Presidential Committee on Ageing Society and Population Policy at Government Complex Seoul. Both sides exchanged views on the progress and prospect of policy making in regards to ageing society and agreed on further cooperation to facilitate more substantial contribution to address the common challenge faced by China, Japan, and ROK.
SG OU expressed a sincere gratitude for inviting TCS to the meeting and briefed on the relevant past activities of the TCS, such as organizing Trilateral Entrepreneur’s Forum that covered the theme of business innovation for active ageing societies, as well as attending the 9th CJK Population Policy Forum and 14th Tripartite Health Ministers’ Meeting (THMM) in 2021. Furthermore, SG OU shared her view on significance of creating an opportunity for the three countries to discuss areas for industry level cooperation, moving beyond policy exchange and information sharing. She also underlined the future plan of the TCS to organize seminar/forum on the topic of ageing society and population policy by inviting leading experts from the three countries and sought for continued support and advices from the Vice Chairman and the Committee in that regard.
Vice Chairman SEO extended a warm welcome to SG OU and expressed his appreciation for the efforts made by the TCS to address the issue of ageing society commonly faced by the three countries. He introduced the Committee’s efforts to make better policy to adjust to the increased number of aged population in Korea and stressed that it creates a new opportunity for economic development. He showed a keen interest in the future opportunity to exchange views among the three countries and learn from each other. He also voiced high expectations for further cooperation with the TCS such as co-organizing the seminars on the relevant topic.
▲ Group Photo
- Memorandum of Cooperation Among The National Health Commission of the People's Republic of China, The Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare of Japan And The Ministry of Health and Welfare of the Republic of Korea on Health Cooperation
- Joint Statement of the 16th Tripartite Health Ministers Meeting (THMM)
- Joint Statement of the 15th Tripartite Health Ministers Meeting (THMM)
- Joint Action Plan among the Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare of Japan, the Ministry of Health and Welfare of the Republic of Korea and the National Health Commission of the People’s Republic of China on Preparedness and Response against Infectious D
- Joint Statement of the 14th Tripartite Health Ministers Meeting (THMM)
- Joint Statement of the Thirteenth Tripartite Health Ministers' Meeting (Video Conference)
- Joint Statement of the Special Video Conference of Tripartite Health Ministers' Meeting (THMM) on COVID-19 Response
- Joint Statement of The 12th Tripartite Health Ministers Meeting (THMM)