Seminar & Forum Trilateral Cooperation Secretariat (TCS) - Korea Future Foundation (KFF) Co-Organized International Conference 2016.10.12
On October 12, 2016, the Trilateral Cooperation Secretariat (TCS) and Korea Future Foundation co-organized the International Conference under the title of “Trilateral Economic Cooperation: Towards the Establishment of East Asian Economic Community” at Korea Press Center in Seoul, ROK. TCS Secretary-General Mr. Yang Houlan attended the conference and gave a welcoming remarks as a co-host of the conference. Mr. Jeong Young-tae, incumbent Member of National Assembly and former Minister of Oceans and Fisheries, also participated in the opening session and delivered a keynote speech. More than 200 audience attended from various areas including politics, business and academia.
The Conference brought together renowned economic experts from China, Japan and the ROK to have discussions on the ways forward for the establishment of an East Asian Economic Community proposed in the report of East Asian Vision Group (EAVG) II which was submitted to the ASEAN+3 Summit in November 2012. The panelists from the three countries offered various perspectives on the possible roadmap as well as the challenges ahead for making progress toward the vision of building economic Community in the region, by reviewing a number of options for economic integration among the region-wide mega-FTAs that are currently being negotiated. They agreed that the three countries should take a step further from their academic discussions to develop more action-oriented blueprint. DSG Umezawa also participated as a discussant and added TCS’ viewpoints on the pathways toward economic integration in this region.
SG’s Welcoming Remarks
Panel Discussion among the Scholars from China, Japan and the ROK
- 2019 Trilateral Statistics
- Joint Media Statement of the 12th Trilateral Economic and Trade Ministers Meeting
- Joint Statement of The 11th Trilateral Economic and Trade Ministers's Meeting
- Joint Press Release of the 9th Trilateral Economic and Trade Ministers Meeting
- Joint Statement of the 8th Trilateral Economic and Trade Ministers Meeting
- Joint Press Release of The 7th Economic and Trade Ministers' Meeting
- Joint Statement of The 6th Trilateral Economic & Trade Ministers’ Meeting