TC Activities TCS organized Trilateral Common Vocabulary Dictionary Consultation Meeting 2016.11.11
Trilateral Cooperation Secretariat (TCS) organized Trilateral Common Vocabulary Dictionary Consultation Meeting in Beijing on November 11, 2016, in line with World Conference on Sinology 2016 co-hosted by Confucius Institute Headquarters (Hanban) and Renmin University. The meeting brought together linguistics and relevant experts from China, Japan and the ROK to discuss about the making of Trilateral Common Vocabulary Dictionary.
Secretary-General YANG Houlan attended the meeting and delivered opening remarks saying that the three countries are the main countries in Asia. Trilateral cooperation will bring benefits not only to the three countries but also the entire region of Asia. The TCS always attaches great importance to cultural exchange. The three countries are the inheritor and transmitters of Asian culture. As one of key common cultures, Chinese characters are common tools of communication as well as a natural bond of three countries’ cultural exchanges. He expected participating experts to provide insightful suggestions for the dictionary making towards the promotion of mutual communication and friendship among the three countries.
Deputy Secretary-General LEE Jongheon briefly introduced the functions of the TCS and made the detailed explanation on the purpose of making the vocabulary dictionary and his expectation on it. He noted that this project is to further promote and make the full application of the chart of 808 commonly-used Chinese characters in the daily life of the three countries’ people.
During the meeting, participating experts promoted a heated discussion about the main contents of the dictionary, measures of selecting vocabularies and the comparison of commonly-used vocabularies in the three countries. In the closing remarks, SG Yang expressed his expectation on continually facilitating actual work of making the dictionary based on the valuable comments by the experts.
Opening Remarks delivered by Secretary-General YANG Houlan
Meeting in progress
Meeting Guide Banner
- Joint Statement of the 16th Trilateral Cultural Content Industry Forum
- 14th Trilateral Cultural Ministers' Meeting Jeonju Declaration_JP
- Joint Statement of the 15th Trilateral Cultural Content Industry Forum
- 13th Trilateral Cultural Ministers' Meeting Qufu Declaration_JP
- Joint Statement of the 14th Trilateral Cultural Content Industry Forum
- 12th Trilateral Cultural Ministers' Meeting Kitakyushu Declaration_JP
- Joint Statement of the 13th Trilateral Cultural Content Industry Forum
- Incheon Declaration of the 11th Trilateral Culture Ministers Meeting_KR